Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Nothing Yet


It's been a long, challenging month. I keep thinking that I will soon have some time to work on a few projects. And thus have something to photograph and share. But I just haven't gotten that far yet. Soon. I'm trying to set some realistic goals as far as Christmas gifts go. I'd like to make a few zipper pouches for my nieces--just purchased zippers yesterday and now I get to sort through my fabric stash. I do this so often, without an actual project in mind. It will be a treat to pick out the fabrics knowing that they'll actually get to be used. I'm also using I-Photo to create a few photo books for our moms and my grandmother. It's easy and fun but I've gotten obsessed. I get started and don't want to stop. Poor Eli will be bouncing on my knee, ready for something new, and I'll keep telling myself, 'one more photo...' But how many other projects can I work on while holding a 3 month old? He's not so good around needles and scissors yet. Or guillotine papercutters and old letterpresses. Oh bother. That reminds me of how I will probably not get around to making Christmas cards this year. Even though we've recently acquired a new press. Much more to say which will have to wait. I get exhausted just thinking about the state of my studio and what it would take to get any work done out there right now. Hmmmm...wouldn't that make a nice Christmas present for me? A clean studio? Are you reading this, dear husband? Oh. But then I'd have no excuses (besides the children). Here's hoping that 2008 bears much new fruit in the way of cards, invitations and prints. And up there you'll see the only photo I have on my new laptop of some of my work. (Note to self: Take more pictures.)

1 comment:

Amy said...

glad you are still posting. i am going to make some zipper pouches, too. can't wait to see yours!