Alright, I realize that lots, maybe even most, of the online journalists whose sites I visit have children and still seem to get lots of brilliant things done. But I don't seem to fall into that category. My littlest is already 9 months old, but I feel like I'm still going through my days like the mother of a newborn. So few things get accomplished without it being in teeny little increments spread out over the day. And those things are just laundry and dishes and getting the kids fed and bathed and dressed and fed again. So I'm trying not to be so hard on myself about the lack of creative projects going on around here. And I know that I don't have to wait until I complete something in order to post, but I don't get around to doing much done at the computer right now either. A pair of tiny hands likes to crawl up next to me and push on the keys when he sees me typing. And a pair of three year old eyes spots me sitting down with the laptop and begins to request various videos or pictures she wants to see. I can't very well say, "Hang on, Mama has to write about how much stuff she has to do."
Moving on, I am eager to sew a few skirts and maybe a dress or two for Anna very soon. I decided I'd begin with a nightgown since she's eager for a new one and it's a good way to get some sewing practice in without putting too much pressure on myself. I wanted something super soft and lightweight. I was having trouble coming up with the right fabric and then finally came upon an old dress in my studio outside that's hanging around with a collection of household goods we got when cleaning out an estate for a friend of a friend. (We scored with that deal---even got paid for getting all of the amazing goodies out of the house!). So I took the old dress and did a lot of cutting and used the soft, soft, pale sea-green fabric for the nightgown and I worked in some elastic around the neckline for the first time. I sewed that part by hand, mostly in the car on various family excursions. Anna put it on yesterday and although she really likes it (which makes it successful in my mind) it looks like it's made for someone twice her size. I'm going to have to do a little nipping and tucking and hopefully I'll figure out a way to do this which will allow for me to undo my tailoring so that she really can wear it when she's twice her present size. **I'll have to wait til later to add a photo**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment