
Just a quick post to get me going. There's a big work day at our church and Matt and Anna are on their way to get started with some projects. Eli is napping and I have a little time on my hands. I am resolved to NOT spend that time cleaning the kitchen, picking up toys or looking at my computer screen. A few days ago, I was inspired to work on cleaning up our front porch. There are countless projects that I want to tackle, but I haven't been truly inspired to do any of them lately. They all seem like big undertakings that require extra hands and big decisions. In the old days, we used to sit around and dream about future projects. These days, there isn't time for that and the dreaming becomes nagging and then the excitement is gone. But something about the porch has really sparked something in me and I feel like I better jump on it before that feeling is gone.
Now I'm dreaming about Anna's birthday near the first day of fall and cool porch breezes, a pretty tablecloth, a pitcher of lemonade, and a strawberry cake with the celebration kid candle holder that we recently ordered from the small object. oh, how we love this little guy! I recommend at least one per household!
1 comment:
that candle holder is so sweet. and i know what you mean about the porch endeavor. something about the change in season makes me hold off projects around the house and take it outside. i can't wait to see what magic you make for anna's birthday.
Post a Comment