

Good grief. I know I've said it before, but it's amazing how many times I think about posting something, even upload a photo and then wonder later why I never completed it. Then I remember that despite how many times I sit down next to the computer, I'm usually holding a baby at the same time, so my hands aren't free for typing. (Forgive me if I've just typed these same words a few posts ago...I don't want to take the time to look back. I have about 40 minutes until Anna's Pooh CD is over and then her rest time may be over as well. So on to the present...).
What my house needs more than anything is the loving touch of one of those people who love to organize. If I have a system down, then I'm all about organization. And in my heart of hearts, I would be known as someone who is good at it. But I never seem to get started in the right way and so I find that keeping things tidy is very difficult. I just don't have enough little homes for all the toys, papers, and odds and ends that multiply over night. But there may be hope in sight! My three year old seems to have a talent for organization. Not always. But a couple of weeks ago, she decided to rearrange all the bathroom related items that live in a little rolling cart beneath our sink. She sorted all the bottles by size and set them upright, grouped all the hair care products, stacked the soaps, refolded the washcloths, and found a cup to store the combs and brushes. I was very surprised. And pleased. Then a few nights ago she decided to clean out my closet where all my shoes lie in jumbles, mismatched and messy on the floor. She pulled them all out, took out a little rug and shook it out in the laundry room (didn't quite make it to the back door where I usually shake out the rugs), and then set to work pairing all my shoes and putting them neatly back in the closet. When that was done, she didn't want to stop. She tackled a pile of 'semi-dirty but maybe I could wear them one more time' clothes of Daddy's and took them, article by article, in to where he was working and asked if they were clean or dirty. Dirty ones she tossed in the hamper. Clean ones she found hangers for. Since she couldn't reach the bar in the closet, she found somewhere else to hang each shirt, five or six in all. So that evening, there were shirts hanging on every doorknob in the hallway and back bedrooms. I decided to leave them there for the night; it was a sweet reminder of her hard work.
Presently, I'm trying to decide on a gift to make my sister-in-law for her birthday. It needs to be something simple and and fairly quick but I'd like to try something I haven't made before. Maybe it's time to pull out a 7 inch zipper and try a zip pouch. Any other suggestions?
2 comments:
sweet anna. i think you should try the pouch. it is easy and who doesn't like a zippered pouch?
the second photo did not load the other day. but now that i can see it, i sure do wish i had some of that cake!
Post a Comment